Tuesday, May 17, 2011

She's here!


Well, it's taken 2 weeks to get over my mom guilt and sit down to put some pictures up on the computer! I keep feeling like if I turn my back on the girls for a second they'll grow up and I'll miss it! Thanks a lot crazy post baby hormones! So here are some pictures of our little Hadley Grace. She was born May 4th at 11:30 pm. She weighed 7lbs. 8 oz. (which was the perfect size considering Bridget was 8 lbs. 12 oz) and 19 1/2 in long. I was supposed to get induced that morning at 9 but due to the fact that there were so many other women actually in labor, I didn't get started until 6 that night. It was a long day driving back and forth to the hospital wondering if it was my turn but Jake and I had fun shopping and then we got to get my mom from the airport. Jake's parents had Bridget all day which was a relief. So around 6 they got me all hooked up and eventually started me on the dreaded pitocin! I was going back and forth about getting an epidural, I made it a couple hours and then threw in the towel! After I got the epidural the nurse came in and said I was to a 9...maybe I should have waited just a little longer and I could have joined the ranks with my mom, sister-in-law, and cousin who have passed up the epidurals. ; ) Oh well! So by around 11 I was ready to start pushing and then there she was! It was so easy compared to Bridget's delivery and I was so grateful! She is just beautiful and such a good baby. She hardly cries (knock on wood) and does everything a baby should do. : ) Bridget is such a good big sister and the first thing she says when she wakes up is, "Where's baby?" Having 2 kids is certainly an adjustment (especially now that my mom is gone and I actually have to act like a parent) but we're doing good and so grateful for these little blessings!















6 comments:

  1. she's darling! I can't believe how dark her hair is! Plus, you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so cute! you guys are the cutest little family! mekelle, you look great for just having a baby...i pretty much have just accepted that i am not going to show off any pictures of me right after i have a baby. i hope that you are adjusting to life with 2 kiddos...i am not sure i am ready for this! i hope i get to meet the new little one sometime in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little doll! Having two kids IS a huge adjustment. I'm definitely still figuring it out - but it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mekelle, she is so beautiful! We're so excited for you guys! I love the picture of Jake and the two girls. So fun! Makes me so excited to finally see my little girl in a few weeks! So happy to hear all is well and you look amazing as always! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and those little girls look so beautiful! I hope my labor goes as easy as yours! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your labor wasn't as long as I thought it was. When I heard she was born at 11:30 pm I thought you had started early in the morning and that's how long it took. phew...glad she came fast!! And of course, she is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete


From that...to this!

From that...to this!
Last April I had long blond hair and I could see my hip bones, and in less than 365 days I now have short dark hair and can't even see my feet let alone hip bones!

Dinosaur Bones

Dinosaur Bones
When my mom was pregnant with my little brother Ethan, she showed us the ultrasound picture and my other little brother Bennett was pretty certain it was a picture of dinosaur bones. So here she is, our cute pile of dinosaur bones!! Hopefully she's as cute in real life as she is here!

The best money we ever spent!

The best money we ever spent!
It's been really fun buying stuff for the baby on the way, Jake has especially had fun setting up all the new gadgets that bounce, swing, and sing! We have no room left in our tiny one room apartment but it's all worth it! I'm just hoping she really is a girl because I don't know what we'll do with all this pink stuff if she turns out to be a boy!


Diaper Cake

Diaper Cake
On February 14th my mom, grandma, and sister threw me an awesome baby shower back home in Colorado. It was kind of ironic that the same weekend last year they were throwing me a bridal shower. Anyway, my mom and sister Meredith made me the cutest diaper cake I've ever seen!!

A lovely little sinus infection...

A lovely little sinus infection...
So despite all the other wierd little things that go wrong with me, I never get sick! But for some reason when I went home to Colorado, I got the worst sinus infection I've had in so long! Being pregnant I can't take any medication so I had to resort to..well just take a look!