Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Birthday Bash!

Bridget turned 3 this past week!! I seriously can't believe it. She's the funniest and sweetest little girl and we're so grateful she's in our family. I love seeing her learn and grow and it's so fun having a little buddy around all the time to keep me company. We had a great time celebrating her birthday this year. Her actual birthday was on Friday so we just had a little party with the 4 of us and then she opened her presents. Then on Saturday she had her friend party. We combined her party with her little friend Aubrey because their birthdays are only 2 days apart and they have pretty much all the same friends. We were praying for good weather because the days leading up to the party we had snow and rain...of course! That's Utah for ya! The weather was ok, chilly but the kids didn't seem to mind. We had a great time and appreciate all her friends that came to make it special for her!

(Remember how I download my pictures backwards? Yes well, I did it again. : ))

We got to go spend time with Jake's mom and sister in Salt Lake Saturday night, we had a great time!

This picture is super dark but I needed proof Jake and Hadley were there, I was pretty busy taking pictures of Bridget...oops

I swear the pinata was made of steel! The kids couldn't get it to break so I just ripped it open finally

The Birthday Princesses!

I made this banner and the darn wind was blowing it all over the place! Why can't we just have nice warm weather in the middle of April!? Is that too much to ask!?
We had a princess theme so a few days before we took pictures of the girls dressed up and used the pictures as part of our decorations

Here's the Bridge on her new scooter! We wanted to get her something she could play on outside at our new house! Did I mention we bought a house?? I'm SOOOO excited! I really am! We move in in less than 2 weeks! But this post is about the birthday girl so I'll contain my joy : )

The morning of her birthday I let her have a very small, tiny, little cupcake for breakfast...which later produced a very large, huge, embarrassing sugar/attention induced tantrum! So fun! Not! : ) But it was still a way fun birthday and I still can't get over how I love to see her excitement for everything in life. I think we could all take a lesson from our kids and learn to have a little more fun! : )

1 comment:

  1. I love love your post! The B-day turned out so awesome! You were super easy and fun to work with :) Would you mind sending me those pics of the piƱata and the girls? You got cute pictures! I will miss you badly!

    ReplyDelete


From that...to this!

From that...to this!
Last April I had long blond hair and I could see my hip bones, and in less than 365 days I now have short dark hair and can't even see my feet let alone hip bones!

Dinosaur Bones

Dinosaur Bones
When my mom was pregnant with my little brother Ethan, she showed us the ultrasound picture and my other little brother Bennett was pretty certain it was a picture of dinosaur bones. So here she is, our cute pile of dinosaur bones!! Hopefully she's as cute in real life as she is here!

The best money we ever spent!

The best money we ever spent!
It's been really fun buying stuff for the baby on the way, Jake has especially had fun setting up all the new gadgets that bounce, swing, and sing! We have no room left in our tiny one room apartment but it's all worth it! I'm just hoping she really is a girl because I don't know what we'll do with all this pink stuff if she turns out to be a boy!


Diaper Cake

Diaper Cake
On February 14th my mom, grandma, and sister threw me an awesome baby shower back home in Colorado. It was kind of ironic that the same weekend last year they were throwing me a bridal shower. Anyway, my mom and sister Meredith made me the cutest diaper cake I've ever seen!!

A lovely little sinus infection...

A lovely little sinus infection...
So despite all the other wierd little things that go wrong with me, I never get sick! But for some reason when I went home to Colorado, I got the worst sinus infection I've had in so long! Being pregnant I can't take any medication so I had to resort to..well just take a look!