Friday, April 6, 2012

MOAB!

We went to Moab! Oh how I love Moab. It just makes me so happy. My sister came out the week before and spent her spring break with us which was sooo dang fun. She is the best little sister and the best little aunt. She was a huge help and I miss her tons! Anyway, that Friday we drove to Provo and met my brothers then we all drove down to that wonderful heaven on earth! My parents rented a beautiful condo which was comfy cozy! It was awesome to be able to all be together and just hang out. My mom made tons and tons of delicious food which always make things more fun I think. It just wouldn't be a Forbes family get together without lots of food! Thanks Mom and Dad! That night my parents had a birthday party for Jake, his birthday was earlier that week. We had yummy cake and he opened presents from the fam. The next day the boys went biking and the girls just took it easy until they got back. That afternoon we went for a walk, and my dad treated us all to dinner at the Blue Pig. Well I guess it was my dad's company that treated us to dinner to celebrate my dad's 20th anniversary working there!!! Congratulations Daddy! I'm so proud of you! : ) Later that night the boys went to conference and the girls wen and checked out all the classy (not really) stores that Moab has to offer. It was really fun actually! Sunday we did some hiking, and then Monday we woke up to snow! We seriously had an awesome time even though it was short and I can't wait to go back!



No matter how many times I told Jake to lose the mid-calf black socks he insisted that they were cool...he later saw the pictures and realized I was right all along : ) but he's still cute anyway
We always make t-shirts at the T-Shirt Shop...light purple with a bobcat was the chosen design this year. weird.







It just wouldn't be right if my pictures weren't all out of order..so here are pictures from Jake's actual birthday
Mer decorated and helped my make super yummy shish kabobs that we grilled ourselves...we were quite proud
Mer and I took the girls to see Jake at work on his birthday, we made cupcakes and Bridget helped decorate his office door (please ignore what the horizontal stripes are doing for my figure in this picture : ))





As my mom said, this picture is proof that we watched (some) of conference! : )


Dinner at the Blue Pig...notice Jake didn't feel it was necessary to swallow before taking this picture! haha! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment


From that...to this!

From that...to this!
Last April I had long blond hair and I could see my hip bones, and in less than 365 days I now have short dark hair and can't even see my feet let alone hip bones!

Dinosaur Bones

Dinosaur Bones
When my mom was pregnant with my little brother Ethan, she showed us the ultrasound picture and my other little brother Bennett was pretty certain it was a picture of dinosaur bones. So here she is, our cute pile of dinosaur bones!! Hopefully she's as cute in real life as she is here!

The best money we ever spent!

The best money we ever spent!
It's been really fun buying stuff for the baby on the way, Jake has especially had fun setting up all the new gadgets that bounce, swing, and sing! We have no room left in our tiny one room apartment but it's all worth it! I'm just hoping she really is a girl because I don't know what we'll do with all this pink stuff if she turns out to be a boy!


Diaper Cake

Diaper Cake
On February 14th my mom, grandma, and sister threw me an awesome baby shower back home in Colorado. It was kind of ironic that the same weekend last year they were throwing me a bridal shower. Anyway, my mom and sister Meredith made me the cutest diaper cake I've ever seen!!

A lovely little sinus infection...

A lovely little sinus infection...
So despite all the other wierd little things that go wrong with me, I never get sick! But for some reason when I went home to Colorado, I got the worst sinus infection I've had in so long! Being pregnant I can't take any medication so I had to resort to..well just take a look!